ELROSE BRAHMAN STUD
436 Registered Brahman Females for Sale
Valuable Large Scale Grey Brahman Stud Breeding Investment Opportunity !
436 Registered Brahman Females for Sale
At Elrose Brahman Stud we are excited to be offering 436 registered Brahman females for sale from our Stud herd. All are registered with the Australian Brahman Breeders’ Association. The majority are located at Elrose Station, Cloncurry excepting approximately 55 which are located at Brigalow Station, Moura.
* 55 Registered Brahman Females for sale at Brigalow Station, Moura are young females principally on their first calf. They are in good condition, sound and of a very high standard.
* The Registered Brahman Females for sale at Elrose, Cloncurry comprise the females of three (3) breeding paddocks. Neither the females nor the paddocks have been drafted in any particular way for this sale offering but remain as they have been as regular Stud breeding herds.
Joining was carried out in the period mid-December to mid-April and calving in these herds has now commenced.
These paddocks carry multi-sire joinings as, for management purposes, it is normal practice at Elrose to join a number of large paddocks this way and then DNA test for parentage.
The cows are in good, strong healthy condition and you will see their pedigrees reflect much of the strong, successful bloodlines that underwrite the performance of the Elrose Stud.
Yes, these females have some age, however it is timely to reiterate the last few years’ period of severe dry at Elrose. Some herd reduction was undertaken at Elrose, cleaning out any non-performers. These cows remained, healthy and productive, because their proven credentials and performance through those times warranted.
Click on a paddock Schedule name to open a PDF with a detailed list of each registered brahman females for sale with a link to full EBV’s for each animal.
Schedule A – ‘V’ Paddock Bigralow Station Moura: 55 FEMALES & 3 SIRES
Schedule B – 6 MILE Paddock Elrose Cloncurry: 127 FEMALES & 6 SIRES
Schedule C – CARANDOTTA Paddock Elrose Cloncurry: 171 FEMALES & 6 SIRES
Schedule D – OLD WOOLSHED Paddock Elrose Cloncurry: 83 FEMALES & 9 SIRES
Note: Joining sires’ pedigrees and details are listed at the bottom of each Paddock schedule.
at Elrose Station, Cloncurry
and Brigalow Station, Moura
If you would prefer to register your expression of interest through a livestock agent either Queensland Rural or McCaffery’s Australian Livestock. Both are fine livestock companies and are marketing the registered brahman females for sale. They know the offering and the Elrose Stud well.
ELROSE BRAHMAN STUD is Australia’s largest Brahman Stud Enterprise comprising over 3,000 Grey Brahman breeders registered with the Australian Brahman Breeders’ Association.
Operated by Rodger & Lorena Jefferis & Family and based at Cloncurry in North West Queensland, the Stud, originally established in 1977, has developed to be one of the Australian beef cattle industry’s largest and leading producers of quality seedstock, with clientele extending to International centres of Brazil, Malaysia, Thailand, etc.
Operating a stud breeding programme in the extensive, variable and mostly extreme conditions and environment of North West Queensland continually stress tests every aspect of cattle production, however the ever present challenges of long periods of dry seasons, temperatures soaring to the mid 40◦C in summer and down to single figures on winter nights, monsoonal rain influences, and variable pasture quality, has established in the Elrose Brahman genetics a resilience and constitution to maintain high levels of production and progeny performance year-in, year-out, whatever the seasonal factors.
That optimum herd production standard has been set at elevated levels by Elrose in comparison to relevant trait recordings of average across the Brahman breed. The drive by the Stud to extract the best out of the breeding herd is backed through three key functions:
1. Elrose commenced Breedplan performance recording in 1995 and the Stud has been at the industry forefront of analysis for genetic improvement since that time. It is the largest performance recorded Brahman herd in Australia. The adherence to the objectivity of Group Breedplan data greatly increases the accuracy of selection and provides a faster rate of genetic benefit in the herd. The Jefferis’ have also aligned the Elrose Stud with participation in numerous major beef industry research projects such as; the CRC for Beef Genetic Technologies; the Brahman BIN Project; the Next Gen. Beef Breeding Strategies Project led by the University of Queensland; the Enabling of Genetic Improvement of Reproduction in Tropical Beef Cattle Project led by AGBU from the University of New England.
Data is collected for a range of traits covering growth, carcass and fertility criteria – 200, 400 and 600 Day Weights, carcass scanning for EMA and fat measurements, scrotal measurements, semen evaluation crushside and morphology, reproductive tract evaluation, days to calving for females, carcass weights and yield, etc., etc.
2. Sire investment and selection is critical to the success of the Elrose Stud. When a sire is found that meets the discerning criteria of Rodger & Lorena Jefferis, they always back themselves to secure it. Their vision in sire procurement is long term. Will he enhance the breed standard and quality of the Elrose Stud? Will he maintain the structural correctness evident in Elrose Brahmans? Is his weight and carcass performance in sync, and at optimum level? Are his fertility indicators strong? Do we envisage his daughters establishing themselves with positive long term influence right across the herd?
Their record is enviable – Lancefield Ambition $60,000 in 1998 (Australian Record Brahman Bull Price); Lancefield Signature $87,500 in 2001 (Australian Record); Lancefield M Billionaire $240,000 in 2007, all exceptional contributors to the genetic progress of the Elrose Stud herd. Recent years have seen further significant investment in highly credentialed sires such as $65,000 Lancefield Jackman and $52,500 NCC Marshall.
A small selection of elite level bulls from within the Stud’s own breeding programme are assessed and retained as Sires for the Stud herd as well. Recent results from the Brahman Beef Information Nucleus (BIN) Project identified a group of steers, progeny of the Elrose sire You Bet, as the “highest dollar returns on the hook”; again reinforcing the practical, commercial beef industry attributes of the Elrose Brahman genetics.
3. Rodger & Lorena Jefferis live with their Stud cattle. Every task of Stud work, they carry out themselves. They know their Stud breeding herd through continual monitoring for any weakness in any individual or breeding line – be it fertility, temperament, constitution, beef performance, structural fault, etc. – they don’t remain in the Stud herd and are quickly eliminated. In contrast, they also identify the superior overall performers and manage the breeding programme to multiply those “influencers” more quickly through the herd. It is the Elrose hands-on “whole of herd” approach of selection, management and Studmaster expertise that has made the Grey Brahman breeding herd of the Elrose Stud such a valuable genetic resource for Australia’s beef industry today.
The application of Elrose Grey Brahmans to succeed, when participating at beef industry benchmark levels of numerous feature events, with Stud Cattle in the Led Show Judging ring, and also Commercial Cattle in Prime Beef competitions, is extremely creditable. It shows a Brahman breed standard and style in compliance with the best of industry demand, coupled with, at the commercial end of the beef business, uniformity of superior weight for age and carcase performance off grass or grain, that guarantees premium pricing in all the markets. What a combination!
18th World Brahman Congress 2016 Rockhampton
World Brahman Congress 2002 Rockhampton
Brahman Country National Livestock Championships
Brahman Country National Livestock Championships
ABBA Brahman Commercial Female Show & Sale
Brahman Feature Show
Champion Pen Grain Fed Ox
Reserve Champion Stud Female
Champion Pen Grass Fed Ox
Champion Performance Bull
Champion Pen (Twice)
Most Successful Exhibitor
Grand Champion Bull
The Elrose stud is considered to be one of, if not the, leading Australian Brahman stud in producing quality Brahman genetics. The quality of Elrose genetics is evident from BREEDPLAN evaluation results and the numerous awards won by the stud in cattle shows.
The benefit of the Elrose Stud is the genetics have been brought into the Elrose EU commercial herd and the gains identified above are being achieved within the herd.